1 cup cook tepary beans
2 oz olive oil
1 tbsp lime juice
2 cloves garlic minced
Chili tepin minced
1/4 cup roasted red pepper diced
Sea salt to taste
2 tsp tahini
- Mix all ingredients until smooth.
- Garnish with toasted pine nuts and diced red pepper.
- Serve with fresh tortilla chips made from whole wheat or corn tortillas.
- Cut into strips and drop into hot oil until they float, turn them once so the cooking will be even.
- Remove from the oil and blot on a paper towel, salt to taste.
Recipe courtesy of Velvet Button