1 cup Tepary beans, rinsed and soaked
2 – 3 cups vegetable stock
1 & 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. fennel seeds
8 oz Lasagna Noodles partially cooked, rinsed and drained
2 oz fresh basil
2 large onions chopped
32 oz seasoned pasta sauce
2-4 cloves garlic minced
1/2 zucchini chopped
3/4 cup shredded cheese of choice.
- In a medium saucepan combine the tepary beans, vegetable stock and fennel seeds.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer until the beans are tender and the liquid is almost absorbed.
- Mash the beans and add the tomato sauce. Set aside.
- In a large skillet cook the onions and garlic in the olive oil for 5 minutes
- Spread a small amount of sauce on the bottom of 9x13x2 inch-baking pan.
- Place a single layer of lasagna noodles on top of the sauce.
- Spread 1/2 of the zucchini onion mixture on top of the sauce.
- Spread shredded cheese on top of the zucchini onion mixture.
- Place another layer of lasagna noodles on top of the shredded cheese and repeat the layering until all the items have been used up.
- Cover the top of the lasagna with more shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes until done.
Recipe courtesy of Velvet Button