- Slow cook 1 lb. white tepary beans in a crock pot with 4 quarts of water and 2 quarts of chicken vegetable broth for 10 hours or until soft.
- Add 1/2 lb bacon crumbled to beans about 1/2 way through cooking.
- Drain beans and put into bowl.
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 bay leaves (remove before serving)
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- Mix well and serve over salad.
- Slow cook 1 lb of brown tepary beans in a crock pt with 4 quarts of water and 2 quarts of vegetable broth for 10 hours or until soft.
- Drain beans and add 3/4 cup salsa of your choice – mash beans and mix until smooth.
- Add 1 small onion diced, salt and pepper to taste.
- Layer Tepary/Salsa mixture onto pre-cooked pizza shell or English Muffin with shredded cheese and bake in 325 degree oven until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Recipe courtesy of Velvet Button